If you are registered in VIS, you have certain rights. You generally have the right to know what data has been registered about you in VIS, including which Member State has submitted this data to VIS. You also have the right to have factually incorrect data corrected and you can request erasure of unlawfully registered data.
If you want:
- access to data about you that has been registered in VIS
- to rectify data about you in VIS which you believe is factually incorrect or incomplete
- to demand the erasure of data about you in VIS which you believe has been illegally registered
please contact the Danish Immigration Service by using the relevant form which is available on their website.
The Danish Data Protection Agency is the national supervisory authority in relation to the processing of personal data in the Danish national VIS, including the transmission of data to and from the Central VIS. This supervisory role mainly entails inspections and processing complaints from data subjects.
If you are dissatisfied with a decision made by the Danish Immigration Service concerning your request to access, rectify or erase data about you in VIS, you can submit a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency.
If you wish to file a complaint concering a decision made by the Danish Immigration Service, please provide the following information:
- a description of the nature of your complaint
- a copy of the decision or response that you received from the Danish Immigration Service
- any other material that you think is relevant to your complaint
You can access our complaint form here.
If you are dissatisfied with the Danish DPA’s decision you may bring the matter before the Danish courts.
You can read more about the Visa Information System on the following websites: